I have a soft spot for peanut butter… I must have mentioned this, a long time ago in a galaxy far away… Whenever I’m fed up with eating spoonful after spoonful straight from the jar, like a secret eater, and I don’t really feel like engaging in serious kitchen adventures, I usually go for this fudge. You only need a few ingredients you probably have at home anyway: peanut butter (that is, if you (unlike me) haven’t eaten it all up), coconut oil, and some sweetener, rice syrup in this case (which is gluten a fructose-free) but you can also use honey or maple syrup.
If you are a patient type you can experiment with chocolate topping and decoration but it’s only worth the time and the effort if you want to show off with it, otherwise it is just perfect plain and simple. All you need to do is to mix the ingredients with a fork, squeeze them into silicon cups and put them in the fridge for a couple of hours. That’s probably the worst part, especially at times of serious craving, when you don’t have hours to spare, you need your fix there and then. One possible workaround is that you eat one straight away (with a spoon) and wait out until the rest harden a bit in the fridge, (because at room temperature they go limp fairly quickly), decorate them, and voila… or don’t decorate them and voila…
To be honest, I wouldn’t recommend it for people on a serious diet because it contains a fair amount of fat but it’s undoubtedly healthy (at least), low-carb and looks cool.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup rice syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 g sugar-free white chocolate chips (paleo)
- 40 g sugar-free chocolate chips (paleo)
- 1. Grease the silicone cups with a bit of coconut oil. This way it’s easier to remove the fudge from the cup.
- 2. Put the ingredients into a bowl, and knead them until combined.
- 3. Spoon the fudge into the cups and squeeze them lightly.
- 4. Put it in the fridge for an hour.
- 5. Melt the chocolate over simmering water, spoon it on the cups and decorate them as you like.
- 6. That’s it.