When it comes to simple lunches or dinners, we all want the biggest bang for our proverbial buck. We want flavor. We want health. We want ease of preparation. And most of all? We’d like something that not only nourishes us, but that we’d be excited to bring to a dinner party too.
And this salad checks all those boxes.
It’s loaded with savory and citrus flavors, and has a kick of heat from the scallions. This is a salad that you’ll want on your table again and again. You may even want to double or triple it so you have leftovers the next day.
This healthy and beautiful salad will be welcome on any dinner table.
- 8 oz. purple cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 5 oz. canned or rotisserie chicken
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 large scallion (white and green parts), sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai, or regular basil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, or tamari
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive, or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
In a large bowl combine the cabbage, chicken, cucumber, scallion, and basil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, and drizzle over the salad.
Toss well to coat.