I never thought that I would ever have anything to do with Snickers again… I can hardly recall its taste, though I do remember wolfing down bar after bar during class trips when I was young, happy and ignorant – especially about calories and carbohydrates, let alone cellulitis. The more these words started to become painful realities in my life the further away my childhood favourite drifted from me. In fact thought we would never meet again… But then I stumbled upon a low-carb protein Snickers bar recipe, and with gleaming eyes and watering mouth I nearly started to dance with joy. When this ecstatic state finally subsided I got down to “decarbohydratize” it and thus this masterpiece was born. Excuse my immodesty, but this discovery gave me such a thrill… I can hardly believe that we have found each other again:)
- 8 tbs protein powder vanilla flavoured or tasteless
- 8 tbs ground peanuts
- 1 tbs coconut flour
- 40 ml almond milk
- 3-4 pcs large fleshy dates
- 1 tbs caramel flavouring
- 2 tbs roughly chopped peanuts
- 40 g sugar-free milk chocolate
1. To prepare the topping mix the dry ingredients and slowly add the almond milk. Be careful, you will have to end up with a relatively firm mixture so that you can make six small bars of Snickers out of it. Eventually you can put it in the fridge for a while to make it stiffer.
2. To prepare the caramel layer pulp the dates and sprinkle them with the caramel flavouring.
3. Mix it with the ground peanuts and spread it on the bars.
4. Melt the chocolate over boiling water and either dip the bars in the coating or try to use a knife to somehow get it on the bars.