The granola I made the other day is not only a perfect breakfast but it may also serve as the basic ingredient of a quick and delicious low carb dessert for unexpected guests. It may be awkward to serve them a bowl of muesli soaked in milk but if you have some chocolate in your hidden stash, you are already half way through.
Related: What is a Paleo Diet
Process the granola with some dates to make it stick, add a bit of coconut oil, play-dough a little, pour some chocolate (sugar-free paleo chocolate for the paleo version) over it, wait for a few minutes in front of the fridge and you are done. Trust me, your guest will find this heavenly, slightly salty, yet sweet caramelized granola with white chocolate irresistible. And in the highly unlikely case your guests don’t eat up the whole thing, it makes a perfect breakfast with some milk. It’s healthy, stodgy enough to get you started in the morning, and it’s so delicious that when it’s gone, you will definitely start making another portion straight away.
Related: Best Low-Carb Chocolate Chips
- 8 pcs fat dates
- 280 g granola
- 100 g coconut oil
- 1-2 tbs coconut or almond flour
- a pinch of salt
- 300 g sugar-free white chocolate paleo
- 1. Process the granola, the dates, the coconut oil and the salt in a blender.
- 2. Mush it together and add a little coconut or almond flour (whichever you like) if it’s necessary (I prefer almond flour).
- 3. Spread about three quarters of the mixture in a 25×15cm tin evenly.
- 4. Melt the white chocolate over simmering water and pour it over the mixture.
- 5. Spread the rest of the processed granola on top of it and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
- 6. Remove it from the fridge, let it rest a while and slice it.