I’ve found this recipe in one of my favorite food blogs and it looked so cool on the photo that I couldn’t resist not making it. I didn’t want to use oat flakes or any other kind of grains so I decided to use seeds as substitute. Then I remembered the granola I made the other day and that I still had enough of it to make the paleo version of the recipe. The salted caramel sauce is a feather in my cap and one of my favorites, so I thought with these ingredients it can’t be any easier. First I divided the dough into fairly large portions but you can make smaller cups – it’s so stodgy that it is worth a main course, anyway.
I tested it on my family and friends and I am proud to announce that they claimed, it was one of the best stuffs I had ever served them, so without meaning to brag, I applauded myself for the remake.[clear]
- 8 pcs fat dates
- 280 g granola
- 140 g coconut oil
- 350 g chocolate chips
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup 300g erythritol
- 4 tbs honey
- 5-6 tsp konjac flour
1. Process the granola and the dates in a blender, add the oil and the salt and process some more. Your dough should be somewhat grainy in the end.
2. Prepare the salted caramel sauce using this recipe
3. Squeeze the dough into muffin cups to make small baskets.
4. Fill them with the caramel and put them in the fridge for the frosting to harden.
5. Melt the chocolate over simmering water and pour a spoonful over each cup. Put the cups back to the fridge to harden.
Adapted from Pinch Of Yum