I love simple recipes, like cupcakes or muffins, because they don’t require any special ingredients that wouldn’t be available in any self-respecting household (even mine). They are also quick to prepare, so they are great if any surprise guest should pop in and you don’t happen to have anything to serve.
Having said that, this Star Wars version doesn’t exactly belong to the ‘five-minute cakes’ category, as one might easily spend half a day shaping the figures. But if you have to come up with something for a children’s party or you are invited to a garden party for Star Wars fans you’ll definitely be the (wo)man of the day if you bring yourself to a bit of playdoughing. It goes without saying that the marzipan is sugar-free, too, click here for the recipe.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbs low-fat cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cooking soda
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla seeds
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 124 g cream cheese
- 500 g Swerve Sweetener ground to powder
- 4 tsp low-fat cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp almond milk or any other kind of milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of konjac flour to thicken
- Sugar-free marzipan
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl, add the butter, the milk and the eggs, stir until combined.
2. Spoon the dough in muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes at 220 °C (350°F). Check them often to make sure they don’t get burned.
3. When done, remove the muffin tin from the oven and wait until the cupcakes cool.
4. While cooling, prepare the cocoa cream. Mix the dry ingredients, add the cream cheese and a touch of milk. Stir until the lumps are gone. If it’s not thick enough you can add a bit of konjak flour or starch.
5. Fill a piping bag with the cream and apply it carefully on the cool cupcakes.
6. You can decorate them with sugar-free marzipan. See the recipe here.