Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts: I love it for not being too sweet and also for its smooth texture. The other thing I am crazy about is salted caramel, especially if I can eat it without any guilt. One of my greatest discoveries a few years back was that it is possible to make sugar-free caramel sauce, so I make some whenever I can. It is a little tricky because there must by a tiny bit of real sugar (or honey, as in this recipe) mixed into the sweetener otherwise it won’t caramelize, but 90% of it can still be made calorie-free.
Sweet cheese cream with salty caramel and all that in a low-fat sugar-free version is a winning combo indeed. It is incredibly delicious and it looks irresistible… to me. And also it takes only half an hour to prepare.
The cheesecake can also be decorated with fruits and seeds instead of the caramel sauce, only it isn’t worth it. You should really give it a try.[clear]
- 6 tbs soft butter
- ½ cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup 300g erythritol
- 4 tbs honey
- 5-6 tsp konjac flour
1. Mix the butter with the sweetener, add the shredded coconut, the coconut flour and the baking powder and stir until homogenous.
2. Squeeze the dough into the bottom of the cups and bake for 10 minutes at 220 °C.
3. While the cake is in the oven, prepare the cheese cream.
4. When the cups are done, remove them from the oven, put the cheese cream in the cups, and put them back into the oven for another 20-22 minutes.
5. Check if they are done and if so, remove them from the oven and let them cool. You can put them in the fridge if they are not piping hot.
6. Prepare the salted caramel sauce, pour a thin layer of it over the cheesecake cups and put them back into the fridge.
7. After 2-3 hours when the caramel layer hardens, carefully remove the cakes from the cups. They are ready to serve.