Coconut balls were, without question, the Jolly Joker desserts of my childhood – they were suitable for anyone, on any occasion, anytime, anywhere. It’s probably due to the fact that they are so easy to make and that you simply can’t not love them. My mom used make us prepare the – I still remember rolling balls until we ran out of the mixture (partly because eating it up in secret).
I am really fond of peanut butter, consequently I love everything that contains even a little of it. I decided to make a healthier and richer version a coconut balls. Only a few ingredients, a couple of minutes to spare, and you can even pass the job over to the kids. What more could you wish for? If you want to add some extras in the end (and if you don’t mind cleaning up the mess after it) you can also dip them into chocolate, but don’t worry, it is delicious and healthy as it is.
- 65g peanuts
- 90g dates
- 65g peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120g sugar-free paleo chocolate
- 1. Process all the ingredients but the chocolate in a blender.
- 2. Add a few drops of water if you find it too dry.
- 3. Roll nut-sized balls of the mixture and put them in the fridge while you melt the chocolate over simmering water.
- 4. Dip the balls into the chocolate.