I am not particularly fond of cream-filled cakes and pastries… If on a desert island my only option was a Napoleon or a butter-cream cake I would probably not choose to die of hunger but when it comes to choosing between say a cheesecake and something creamy cute and pink I will definitely go with the former. And also I really like these thick, solid stuffs that are a bit sticky even after baking.
Well, this tart is just like that… not too sweet, the raspberry makes it a bit sour even, and the dark chocolate makes it a tiny bit… dark chocolaty. It is as sweet as it should be and it has exactly the right firm texture… I need to stop here because I’ve just run out of it and I’m on the verge of crying.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup low-fat cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a touch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbs water
- 2 tbs Swerve Sweetener
- 1. Put the frozen raspberries into a pan and heat it with the water. When they melt add the sweetener and boil it while stirring until it thickens a little then remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
- 2. Mix the eggs, the sweetener, the coconut oil and the vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- 3. Mix the almond flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and the salt in another bowl.
- 4. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid while stirring then add the cool raspberry purée too.
- 5. Grease the cake pan with a little coconut oil pour the dough into it, heat the oven to 220 C and bake it for 30-35 minutes, but after a half an hour check the cake with a needle to prevent overbaking.
- 6. When it’s done remove the tart from the oven, let it cool, decorate (I use freeze-dried raspberries) and serve.