I am not particularly fond of cream-filled cakes and pastries… If on a desert island my only option was a Napoleon or a butter-cream cake I would probably not choose to die of hunger but when it comes to choosing between say a cheesecake and something creamy cute and pink I will definitely go with the former. And also I really like these thick, solid stuffs that are a bit sticky even after baking.
Well, this tart is just like that… not too sweet, the raspberry makes it a bit sour even, and the dark chocolate makes it a tiny bit… dark chocolaty. It is as sweet as it should be and it has exactly the right firm texture… I need to stop here because I’ve just run out of it and I’m on the verge of crying.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup low-fat cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a touch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbs water
- 2 tbs Swerve Sweetener
1. Put the frozen raspberries into a pan and heat it with the water. When they melt add the sweetener and boil it while stirring until it thickens a little then remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
2. Mix the eggs, the sweetener, the coconut oil and the vanilla extract in a large bowl.
3. Mix the almond flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder and the salt in another bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the liquid while stirring then add the cool raspberry purée too.
5. Grease the cake pan with a little coconut oil pour the dough into it, heat the oven to 220 C and bake it for 30-35 minutes, but after a half an hour check the cake with a needle to prevent overbaking.
6. When it’s done remove the tart from the oven, let it cool, decorate (I use freeze-dried raspberries) and serve.