I discovered this cake when I wanted to have something sweet and solid for breakfast but my usual morning coma prevented me from knocking together so much as a low-Carb pancake. This is when I usually drop or spill things and occasionally also fell down the stairs. I remembered seeing this quick and simple dessert on the net which can be done in the microwave oven and it was called mug-something.
OK, I know that microwave is not the healthiest of kitchen utensils but due to my early morning disability, I mentioned earlier this seemed to be the safest solution. I googled it (managed not to drop the laptop, not to spill my coffee on it and even the router survived) and TADAAM, it turned out to really exist, not just in my dreams.
Since then I have prepared it many times, especially at times of sudden cravings for something sweet, because you can eat it in just a few minutes without having any burn injuries or other side effects.
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp low-fat cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs coconut milk or any kind of seed milk
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- sweeten to taste with Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1. Break the egg into a bowl and beat it a little with a fork.
- 2. Add the ingredients and stir until combined.
- 3. Pour the batter into a microwaveable mug and “bake” it for 2-2.5 minutes at the highest power.
- 4. TADAAM… That’s it. Be careful, though, the mug can be very hot.
1 Serving Contains:
If you love this mudcake recipe try our delicious cheesecake recipes for the whole family.