In addition to being sweet there are three features that I especially appreciate when it comes to desserts: they should be easy-to-make, sugar-free and they should include some protein as well. Whenever I go shopping (which is quite a tiresome activity) with an empty belly I can’t resist buying protein bars.
My conscience doesn’t bother me that much about these sweets even though a simple, commercially available protein bar is only slightly better than chocolate. But with the homemade version, especially if you choose the ingredients wisely, you may achieve a much healthier nutritional composition plus you can calm down both your craving for chocolate and your conscience. It’s quick and easy to make, doesn’t require any baking or washing up and due to its looks you can also serve it to your guests.
- 180g sugar-free chocolate (paleo)
- 80g coconut cream
- 30g shredded coconut
- 50g coconut-flavored protein powder
- 1. Melt half of the chocolate over simmering water and pour a little into the silicon cups. Put them in the fridge until they harden.
- 2. While it is in the fridge mix the ingredients of the coconut filling.
- 3. When the chocolate is solid put a tablespoon of coconut cream on it, melt the rest of the chocolate and cover the cream with it.
- 4. Put them back to the fridge and when they are solid, let them rest at room temperature before removing them from the cups.